JSP page/file is not rendering in Spring Boot application
Sometimes you might be facing the problem that JSP page/file is not rendering in Spring Boot application. It will be downloaded when you call the controller that renders your JSP page/file.
All we know, Spring Boot uses the embedded Tomcat Server which does not include JSP compiler jar, so the Spring Boot application failed to compile the JSP page/file into the servlet and page will be downloaded.
To resolve this problem, you need to add JSP compiler jar i.e. Tomcat Jasper in your Spring Boot application.
Choose an appropriate version of Tomcat Jasper matches with your application. Check out the MVN Repository.
- How to fetch image from database using Spring MVC
- Spring MVC Database Connectivity using XML Configuration
- Spring Boot RESTful API Documentation with Swagger 2
- Spring Boot + Spring Security with JPA authentication and MySQL
- Spring Boot- Send email using FreeMarker