JSP page/file is not rendering in Spring Boot application
Sometimes you might be facing the problem that JSP page/file is not rendering in Spring Boot application. It will be downloaded when you call the controller that renders your JSP page/file.
All we know, Spring Boot uses the embedded Tomcat Server which does not include JSP compiler jar, so the Spring Boot application failed to compile the JSP page/file into the servlet and page will be downloaded.
To resolve this problem, you need to add JSP compiler jar i.e. Tomcat Jasper in your Spring Boot application.
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId> <artifactId>tomcat-jasper</artifactId> <version>9.0.1</version> </dependency>
Choose an appropriate version of Tomcat Jasper matches with your application. Check out the MVN Repository.
- Spring AOP AfterThrowing Advice example using XML configuration
- Spring Data CrudRepository Interface Example
- Spring 5 MVC Hello World using XML configuration
- Spring Boot- The Tomcat connector configured to listen on port 8080 failed to start
- Generate QR Code using Spring Boot REST API