Introduction + Classification + Pharmacological Action + Regulation of Release and Drawback of Glucocorticoids Hormone
Glucocorticoid hormone is a steroidal hormone. It releases from zona fasciculata layer of adrenal cortex of the adrenal gland. Glucocorticoid hormone is steroidal in nature. A release of glucocorticoid hormone is controlled by the hypothalamus.
Glucocorticoids are classified as following…
1- Natural Glucocorticoid
There are following natural glucocorticoids.
2- Synthetic Glucocorticoid
There are following synthetic glucocorticoids.
Note: Synthetic glucocorticoids having more anti-inflametory activity the anabolic activity of natural glucocorticoids.
Glucocorticoids have a following pharmacological action.
1- Carbohydrate Metabolism:
Glucocorticoid hormone increases the gluconeogenesis (formation of glucose) process.
2- Fat Metabolism:
Glucocorticoid hormone helps to increase lypogenesis (formation of lipids) process, proliferation and distribution of fat in the body.
3- Glucocorticoid is also involved in the protein synthesis process.
4- It helps to enhance the production of
5- Glucocorticoids increase the osteoporosis (increase
Ca+ level in skeleton muscle and bone.)
6- It is a anti-inflammatory in nature and also helpful for the balance of electrolyte & water balance.
Regulation of Release/Mode of Action
Hyposecreation- Hyposecreation of glucocorticoids cause Addission diseases and they are the followings.
- Loss of body weight
- GIT disorder
- Skin pigmentation
Hypersecreation- Hypersecreation of cause cushing syndrome.
Cushing syndrome- increases the deposition of fat on the face, neck, abdominal & hip region.
- Introduction and Uses of Diastase Enzyme
- Source, Mode of Action and Pharmacological Action of Cardiac Glycoside
- Definition, Functions and Types of Enzymes
- Definition, Secretion, Regulation of Release, Function and Drawback of Growth Hormone(GH) in Pharmacy
- Introduction and Type of Autacoids in Pharmacy
- Introduction, Pharmacological Action/Function, Regulation of release and Drawback of Progesterone in Pharmacy
- Importance and Methods of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Secretion of hormones from the Anterior Pituitary Gland
- Overview, Aim, and Usages of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
- Introduction, Classification and Mechanism of Action of Emetic and Antiemetic drug in Pharmacy