Introduction and Type of Autacoids in Pharmacy
Greek word- Autos means self and Akos means healing substance. Autacoids is also known as Local hormones because it synthesized and release for the activity and after work it destroys.
It formed by many tissues and have a limited biological activity. It releases mainly during Allergy, hypersensitivity and inflammatory reaction
They differ from the hormone-like Thyroxin, insulin etc. because they are produced in tissue rather than endocrine organ and are limited in their action.
Derivative of Autacoids
Autacoids are derived into…
- Amine autacoids-
It is synthesized by an amine.
e.g.- Histamine, 5-Hydrixy Tryptamine (5-HT or Serotonin).
- Lipid derived autacoids-
Synthesize by Lipids.
e.g.- Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes, Platelets activating factors.
- Peptide autacoids-
Plasma kinins (Bradykinin, kallidin) Angiotensin.
- Overview, Aim, and Usages of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
- Introduction, Classification and Mechanism of Action of Emetic and Antiemetic drug in Pharmacy
- Introduction, Type, Advantage and Disadvantage of Hard Gelatin Capsule and Soft Gelatin Capsule in Pharmacy
- Introduction and Uses of Diastase Enzyme
- Source, Mode of Action and Pharmacological Action of Cardiac Glycoside
- Definition, Secretion, Regulation of Release, Function and Drawback of Growth Hormone(GH) in Pharmacy
- Introduction, Pharmacological Action/Function, Regulation of release and Drawback of Progesterone in Pharmacy
- Introduction, Types and Symptoms of Diabetes
- Definition, Functions and Types of Enzymes
- Human blood group and classification of ABO system