Introduction and Type of Autacoids in Pharmacy
Greek word- Autos means self and Akos means healing substance. Autacoids is also known as Local hormones because it synthesized and release for the activity and after work it destroys.
It formed by many tissues and have a limited biological activity. It releases mainly during Allergy, hypersensitivity and inflammatory reaction
They differ from the hormone-like Thyroxin, insulin etc. because they are produced in tissue rather than endocrine organ and are limited in their action.
Derivative of Autacoids
Autacoids are derived into…
- Amine autacoids-
It is synthesized by an amine.
e.g.- Histamine, 5-Hydrixy Tryptamine (5-HT or Serotonin).
- Lipid derived autacoids-
Synthesize by Lipids.
e.g.- Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes, Platelets activating factors.
- Peptide autacoids-
Plasma kinins (Bradykinin, kallidin) Angiotensin.
- Overview, Aim, and Usages of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM)
- Introduction, Types and Symptoms of Diabetes
- Introduction, Pharmacological Action/Function, Regulation of release and Drawback of Progesterone in Pharmacy
- Definition, Functions and Types of Enzymes
- Importance and Methods of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- Introduction + Classification + Pharmacological Action + Regulation of Release and Drawback of Glucocorticoids Hormone
- Secretion of hormones from the Anterior Pituitary Gland
- Introduction, Classification and Mechanism of Action of Emetic and Antiemetic drug in Pharmacy
- Human blood group and classification of ABO system
- Introduction and Uses of Diastase Enzyme